Thursday, September 22, 2011

HLNB 30 Day Keep Moving Challenge - Day 21

 September 21st Day 21:   Yesterday I walked around the lake by our home with a friend of mine and I wore my pedometer.  We tracked 8,914 steps and walked 3.5 miles.  Per the chart on my pedometer, if you walk 7,500 steps per day you are a steady walker.  If you walk 10,000 steps per day you are a top trekker.  Walking 12,000 steps per day makes you an elite walker and 15,000 steps per day makes you a professional walker.  I also wore my pedometer while picking up pooh in my backyard and tracked another 288 steps.  Dr. Oz says aiming for 10,000 steps per day is a great way to keep your body actively moving.  It's hard to do if you work many hours behind a desk, but if you can remember, try getting up and walking around even if you are only moving in a small area around your desk.  Try not to stay seated all day long or several hours in a row.  If you can, try getting a pedometer they are easy to use and I got mine at my local dollar store.  You can get them for a fair price.  It can help you guide how much or little you may be moving each day.

   See my contact information on the tabs above if you want to send me an email with any questions or suggestions.  With my "keep moving challenge" I'm logging my daily activities of how I keep moving.  I'm not offering any medical advice or making any guarantees.  This is meant for fun and if you want to follow along I hope it will be fun for you too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...