Monday, October 3, 2011

HLNB Healthy Eating/Keep Moving Challenge - Day 1

October 2nd Day 1:   Yesterday I hung on the pull up bar for 25 seconds. I still can't seem to pull myself up yet, but I'll keep trying.  I also walked during errands and parked further away to get in more exercise steps.  In early evening, we walked around the neighborhood.  I wore my pedometer and logged 3,397 steps during the walk.

     In the morning I ate a bowl of grits with agave nectar and drank a glass of orange juice.  At lunch, I ate some barbecued chicken from our grill and drank a glass of V-8 fruit juice.  In the evening for dinner I ate 3 corn tortillas with guacamole that I made with an avocado and my homemade pico de gallo (my recipe from my post earlier this year).  I also drank another glass of V-8 fruit juice with dinner.  For snacks during the day I ate some pumpkin seeds cooked with sea salt and an Odwalla Berries GoMega Superfood bar. I also drank water throughout the day.


Picture from Odwalla website:  http://odwallashop.com/detail/TCL+33639


     See my contact information on the tabs above if you want to send me an email with any questions or suggestions.  With my "Healthy Eating/Keep Moving Challenge" I'm logging my daily activities of how I keep moving and how I'm eating.  I'm not offering any medical advice or making any guarantees.  This is meant for fun and if you want to follow along I hope it will be fun for you too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...