Tuesday, October 4, 2011

HLNB Healthy Eating/Keep Moving Challenge - Day 2

October 3rd Day 2:   Yesterday I worked in my yard watering plants, vines and trees.  I worked for about 40 minutes and had my dog with me so she could get some exercise too.  Later in the early evening we walked around the neighborhood again for 20 minutes and logged 3,394 steps.

    For breakfast I ate oatmeal with raspberries and drank a glass of orange juice.  I ate a little bit of popcorn in the morning as a snack, but didn't eat too  much because the popcorn had some butter and salt.  For lunch I had some great green chile which had some steak in it wrapped in a flour tortilla.  It was homemade and tasted delicious.  Later, I drank a Mix1 drink (I like the strawberry banana flavor) and ate some pumpkin seeds.  For dinner I had some more of my guacamole made with pico de gallo (my homemade recipe from my earlier post) and this time I ate it with flour tortillas so they were more like a burrito.  I had a chewy raisin oatmeal bar for a snack in the evening and ate a few more pumpkin seeds.  I also drank the V-8 fruit juices with lunch and dinner and drank water throughout the day.

So far it's not too hard trying to eat healthier, I do like my sugary snacks so I'll see how tempted I am during the next 28 days.  I'm still going strong on the "keep moving" portion of the challenge.  If you are also following let me know what you think the most challenging part will be for you during this next 28 days.







     See my contact information on the tabs above if you want to send me an email with any questions or suggestions.  With my "Healthy Eating/Keep Moving Challenge" I'm logging my daily activities of how I keep moving and how I'm eating.  I'm not offering any medical advice or making any guarantees.  This is meant for fun and if you want to follow along I hope it will be fun for you too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...