Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2012









                                                                      Picture courtesy of Pinterest.


    Last year for St. Patrick's Day I posted a video from "The Green Smoothie Girl" showing how she makes green smoothies.  For the past year my family has been drinking them regularly and they are very good.  Not only do they taste good but they are very healthy.  If you find you don't get enough of your leafy green vegetables, give this smoothie a try, especially for National Nutrition Month this year to help "Get Your Plate In Shape".  It is so easy to make and tastes so good.  The first time we tried them we were afraid they might taste like lawn or something too bitter.  But they don't! You really can't even tell that you have some good leafy greens in the ingredients. If you are having a hard time getting kids to eat their greens, give them these smoothies but don't let them know the ingredients.  I bet they will not even notice what is in them.  I found that if I add more juices like orange juice or apple juice the consistency is more like a regular smoothie.  If you don't add enough liquids they will be thicker.  I have also tried adding the frozen berries she talks about and it really does turn the smoothies red.  But for today use a tropical blend of frozen fruits so you can have a genuine green smoothie!  I'm posting the video below again this year for those who may have missed my St. Patrick's Day post last year.   Have a great day and hope you enjoy this healthy recipe throughout the year as much as my family does! Yes, this is the green smoothie I'm referring to in my 30 day challenges.

Note: You can turn off my blog music on the right hand side with the mini Ipod before viewing this video.











Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...