Tuesday, June 5, 2012

HLNB Summer Challenge - Day 4

June 4th Day 4:   Yesterday I walked 1 mile and watered my garden.  I also went to the eye doctor and he told me my eyes were in great shape.  He mentioned that leafy greens and Omegas are very good for eye health as opposed to the carrots that most of us have heard.  I have been getting plenty of leafy greens in my green smoothies and I also add flax seed oil (which has Omegas) to our green smoothies.  We also eat a good amount of shrimp (Omegas).  My husband has his appointment as well and his eye health was also great.  So I'm going to keep making our green smoothies!









   I ate some raisin cinnamon toast, some pinto beans with pico de gallo, a salad and drank 100% fruit juices with all three meals and drank 8 oz of green smoothies.





                                                           Pictures courtesy of Pinterest.



       See my contact information on the tabs above if you want to send me an email with any questions or suggestions.  With my "HLNB Challenge" I'm logging my daily activities of how I keep moving.  I'm not offering any medical advice or making any guarantees.  This is meant for fun and if you want to follow along I hope it will be fun and encouraging  for you too.

3 comments:

Melissa88Senick said...

Love, love, love your blog. What type of juices do you make? I find myself making the same boring juice all the time. I need to learn to add some more healthy greens and seeds to it too. Any recommendations?

http://southerngirllivingthecitydream.blogspot.com/

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the blog love!

I've been using the base green smoothie from the Green Smoothie Girl video. I posted it on St. Patrick's Day (http://healthylivingnaturalbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/03/happy-st-patricks-day-2012.html#.T896n5iTVfY). You can see her video for the base ingredients. I sometimes add Orange Juice or Apple Juice or even some of the 100% V-8 juices instead of water to my smoothies. I also vary the frozen fruits, sometimes I use a berry combo or a mango and tropical frozen fruit blend. When you use the berries, it actually makes your green smoothies look red. I found a new one that adds some cayenne pepper, which according to Dr. Oz helps boost your metabolism. Keep checking back, I'm going to try to post more green smoothie videos. Have a great day!

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Melissa,

For the greens I'm using collard greens, kale, spinach and broccoli sprouts (if you use a small amount of broccoli sprouts it is the equivalent of eating a full head of broccoli). I also add some flax seed oil to the smoothies as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...