Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color







    I received a sample of Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color to try from Influenster's VoxBox testing program.  These polishes do not contain Formaldehyde, DBP or Toluene which is a positive.  And when using the polish there is not as strong odor as with some polishes. They may have other ingredients that are not as natural or organic, but at least they do make an effort to keep out three main ingredients that are toxic.

   The color I received to sample is Polar Purple.  I personally really like this color.  I used it as my pedicure and it looks great with my sandals.  I've never used a magnetic nail color before so it took me some time to figure out the right technique.  Once I did, WOW.  I really like this product.  It's so much fun to use and looks so neat once you are done.  There is a cap on top that contains a magnet.  I used a base coat first then I opened this polish and applied the first layer on all my toes.  Once I finished, instead of letting that first coat dry, I applied a thicker coat and immediately applied the magnet over that second coat.  If you don't use the magnet right away, the effect won't be correct.  There is a small ledge that keeps the magnet off the nail and you hold it over the nail for 10 seconds.  I kind of twisted it slightly back and forth during the 10 seconds and it gave the color a neat looking wave effect.  I first tried to cover all the nails on the first foot but that won't work, you have to do this process for each nail right away to get it to work properly. This is such a fun product and  my toes look so pretty.  I also used a clear top coat which really makes the design pop.   I can't wait to try more colors.  You can read more about this polish at www.sallyhansen.com.
 

    You can buy this polish at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally.  The suggested retail price is $9.99. This is a product I will buy and I'll try to use it on my finger nails as well.  They have a wide color selection.  This is one I would recommend to others who want a fun nail polish to try out and who want to have a neat looking design that they don't have to go to a salon to get. It's easy to do on your own. 



                                                                Pictures courtesy of Influenster.com



Disclaimer:  This product was received complimentary through the VoxBox product testing program at Influenster.  All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...