Monday, August 20, 2012

Tip of the Week - Spicy Green Smoothie Recipe





                                                         Picture courtesy of Deadline.com


      This week, I'm sharing a video from a web show called "Reluctantly Healthy" hosted by Judy Greer.  (We've seen her in the movies 13 going on 30, 27 Dresses, What Women Want and she's made guest appearances on TV shows like Three and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory).   In this episode Julieanna Hever author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition" is sharing her recipe for a spicy green smoothie.

    I'm often asked for my recipe for green smoothies and there are many variations I've personally tried.  This one is good (I added regular water instead of coconut water) and you can taste the spice.  However, the Cayenne pepper is a good boost for your metabolism.  If you are looking for a new recipe to try on your green smoothies, this is a good alternative way to make them.  There are also some other great videos in the "Reluctantly Healthy" web series so check those out when you have time for more great healthy food ideas.

Note:  You can turn off my blog music with the iPod on the right hand side before watching the video.












12 comments:

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

Found your blog through the sits girls, love your tips for natural living! We try to eat whole foods and use natural household products too. I think it's so important for our health, and our environment!

viviene @ thejourneyofawoman said...

Very interesting smoothie!! Visiting from SITS... Happy SITS day =D

Colleen said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS today. Hey, I purchased a blend and go blender from Target today. How's that for perfect timing?

ToshikoNgos said...

Very interesting type of recipe..Will surely give a try to this recipe..

Unknown said...

Wonderful, I was just thinking about smoothies thismorning and how I should really get on this bandwagon.

Paloma said...

Hi! sorry I am a little late! I hope you had a great SITS Day! :) Great blog!

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for checking out my blog! I agree with you, it's very important. Every step we take is good for us and our environment.


Michelle

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Viviene,

Thanks! I love my green smoothies. I need to try the recipe with coconut water. I've tried it with regular water and it tastes good.

Michelle

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Colleen,

Thanks! Hey I say that's perfect timming! Hope you enjoy using your new blender. I have another good recipe from my review of "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" DVD. He talks about how juicing changed his life. Here is one of his recipes: http://healthylivingnaturalbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/08/bonus-post-reboot-recipe-juice-1.html.

It's a good one to try out on your new blender too!

Michelle

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Toshiko Ngos,

I think you'll enjoy it. I love my green smoothies. See my reply to Colleen for another good smoothie recipe as well. I also have a Green Smoothie girl post that has a video of how she makes her green smoothies. All great recipes.


Michelle

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Haley,

I think you'll enjoy them, plus they really are so good for you. See my reply to Colleen for another good recipe and I've also got a post for the Green Smoothie Girl recipe. I've posted it on St. Patrick's Day for the past two years. Have fun, they will be so good for you!

Michelle

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Paloma,

Thanks! It was a wonderful day. Glad you stopped by and liked my blog.

Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...